A blog about horror movies that take place during Halloween or the fall season. With posts containing movie news, trailers, official posters, fan art, poster collections, stills/screen captures, reviews, video mixtapes, short films, and vhs, dvd, blu-ray, 4K uhd covers.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

What's on tonight: HONEYSPIDER (2014) DVD


My Honeyspider DVD:

Honeyspider is a slow and confusing film, the music is great, the acting is bad, but I loved the awesome Halloween/fall scenes, an OK film I thought I was gonna like it more. It does have a cool Conal Cochran-type origins of Halloween speech by a strange professor played by Frank J. Aard. I bought the DVD earlier this year so I watched it about 4 or 5 times since then and I'm liking it more with every viewing. So much so that I bought the film's poster on ebay below from the producer and writer of the film, Kenny Caperton, owner of the Myers House: NC – the life-size scale replica of the infamous Michael Myers house from John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN.

My Honeyspider Poster:

The full film is on The Kings of Horror Youtube channel if anyone wants to check it out. The professor's Halloween speech starts at 8:13:


Here's an interview with the film's director Josh Hasty from his hometown station WKRC Local 12 in Cincinnati:


Here's a preview of Honeyspider that's from the same Local 12 broadcast:


The Morbid Files interviews Kenny Caperton about horror films, the Myers house, Honeyspider, and much more.



No comments:

Post a Comment